Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Solid Shout Out and Money Breakdown

I'm utterly and completely blown away by the amazingness I am surrounded by! I'm fully aware of the fact that I didn't plan this all as well as I could have, and I realize I'm pretty much crazy for all this, but in spite of all that, my family and friends have shown OVERWHELMING support. Everything from the comments, the meetings, the suggestions, and offers of monetary backing; you guys never cease to amaze me! I really appreciate all that's been done. Please know you are not only making a HUGE difference in my life right now, you are greatly impacting my future for the positive, and making a positive and lasting affect on the lives of those I'll be serving. Thank you!!

Now, down to awesome business... I finally got the paypal account thing figured out! You should see the button on the right. For the most part, it is only set up to receive funds from a paypall account. If you would like to donate from a debit or credit, just let me know, and we can work that out. Now you may be asking yourself, "What is up with these funds?" Allow me to break it down:

Fees for Volunteering: $2, 830

Plane Ticket: about $2,000

Other Fees: about $500

Serving in Ghana: PRICELESS!!


So, that's the damage. That is a lot of zeros, let me tell you what they're all about. The Fees for volunteering cover the 3 months I will be in Ghana. Mostly it covers my shelter, my food, my safety, the in country-coordinator, and the many materials I have to help with the culture and language (I'm trying to learn Ewe! Stay in touch...). They do not cover my plane ticket, which is why it is written above. Those two will pretty much everything but a few things that can't be forgotten. The other category includes: Visa fees, immunization, traveler's insurance, and funds I will need in the country for using internet or making phone calls.

Really what I would love to have help with is the plane ticket and volunteering fees. If you want to help with the volunteering fees, it's tax deductible and I can give you the tax ID number, just let me know! Also, we are pushing to get my plane ticket purchased AQAP (As quick as possible) before it gets any more expensive. This, unfortunately wouldn't really be tax deductible because it would just be a personal donation. Even if all you've got is the change from out of your couch, every cent helps! I love you all and I'm so glad you're sharing this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment